Spiced Parsnip and Apple Soup Recipe
Spiced Parsnip & Apple Soup Recipe
Time: 40 minutes
Our recipe of the month for January is a warming, healthy, spiced parsnip and apple soup. A perfect winter warmer.
- 50g butter
- 1 small onion – peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove – chopped
- 1 heaped dessert-spoon of korma paste
- 3 large parsnips – peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 medium Bramley apples – peeled and chopped
- 1ltr hot vegetable stock
- ½ tin (200g) coconut milk (freeze the remainder for another day)
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. Melt the butter and gently cook the onions and garlic until the onion is soft and translucent.
2. Stir in the korma paste, cooking for 3-4 minutes to release the flavour from the spices.
3. Add the parsnips and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring to coat the parsnips in the paste.
4. Pour on the hot stock, add the apples, season and bring to a simmer.
5. Add the coconut milk and cook until the parsnips are soft.
6. Blend until smooth. The soup should be the consistency of double cream -add a little more water if required.
7. Serve in warm bowls garnished with the fried parsnip on top of the soup or to the side of the bowl, if preferred.
To garnish deep fry strips of parsnip until crisp and season with salt and pepper
>> Download Spiced Parsnip and Apple Soup Recipe