Smoked Mackerel Pâté Recipe
Smoked Mackerel Pâté - May Recipe of the Month
Time: c. 10 mins Smoked mackerel pâté makes a simple and delicious starter, or even a tasty lunch — pile onto slices of hot sourdough and savour. It can be made in advance and stored chilled for up to 3 days.
- 2 smoked mackerel fillets
- 250g cream cheese
- Juice of ½ lemon or lime
- 2 teaspoons horseradish sauce
- Hot sourdough toast, watercress and lemon or lime wedges to serve
1. Remove the skin from the mackerel and place with the other ingredients into the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth.
2. Pile into four small dishes or directly onto 4 small plates, garnish and serve with hot toast. Simple and delicious, if you prefer a more ‘rustic’ texture, flake the mackerel with a fork and mix with the other ingredients.
Recommended Wine Pairing
Terre Siciliane IGT Il Papavero Pinot Grigio 2017 Italy This crisp, fruity, Sicilian Pinot Grigio is a Laithwaite’s Wine bestseller. The taste is a mouthwatering mix of juicy white peach, ripe apple and grapefruit with a zingy freshness that complements the light smokiness of the mackerel pâté. Available at Hillier Garden Centres from Laithwaite’s Wine
>> Download Smoked Mackerel Pâté Recipe