Time: 20 minutes (+ marinading overnight)
This flavourful summer recipe brings the warmth of ginger and mustard to the pork, perfectly combined with the fruity tang of the mango salsa. A great dish to share on a summer’s day with family and friends.
For the pork
- 8 x 100g pork loin steaks
- 1 tblspn grated fresh ginger
- 1 tblspn wholegrain mustard
- 2 tblspns sweet sherry
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Large pinch of Chinese 5 spice
- 80ml olive oil
For the mango salsa
- 2 medium ripe mangoes
- 2 small red onions
- 2 spring onions
- ½ fresh red chilli
- Small bunch of fresh coriander
- 60 ml sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
1. Place all the pork ingredients into a large bowl and using your hands, mix everything well together. Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinade overnight.
2. When ready to cook, drain the pork and discard the marinade. Cook the steaks until browned on both sides and cooked through.
3. To make the mango salsa, thinly slice the mango and red onion. Slice the spring onion and chop the red chilli and coriander.
4. Place all the chopped ingredients in a bowl, add the sugar and vinegar and mix together.
5. Place on a serving plate and serve with the pork steaks.
Use diced loin of pork, marinade and make into kebabs, with pieces of red and green pepper. Very thinly sliced, fresh pineapple can be used in place of mango.