Earl Grey Tea Loaf Recipe
Earl Grey Tea Loaf
April Recipe of the Month
Serves: 10 slices
Time: c. 1 hours (does not include time for soaking fruit)
Below you can find our favourite seasonal recipe of the month, a delicious twist on a classic tea loaf. Infused with Earl Grey tea, this loaf will have you coming back slice after slice!
- ¾ pint strong Earl Grey tea
- 250g mixed fruit
- 250g self-raising flour
- 100g light brown sugar
- 1 egg - beaten
- 1 tspn ground cinnamon
- 1 tspn ground nutmeg
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- Place the fruit in a bowl and pour on the tea. Leave to soak for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
- When ready to make the loaf, set the oven to 170°c (150°c fan) and grease and flour a 1lb loaf tin.
- Place everything into a large mixing bowl and mix together well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, level out, place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Check to see if it is cooked after 40 minutes. To test it is done, insert a pointed knife or skewer into the loaf. If it comes out clean it is done. If not, put back into the oven and check again every 10 minutes. Timings will depend on the size of tin used.
- Leave to cool and serve thinly sliced with butter. Lasts for a week stored in a tin and can be frozen.