Time: 15 minutes plus time to set in the refrigerator
This distinctive-looking sweet chocolate treat makes a fantastic home-made present – or gift to yourself any time!
- 200g white chocolate
- Pink food colouring (paste is best)
- Freeze-dried strawberries or raspberries
- Mini chocolate covered meringues
- Edible glitter
1. Draw a rectangle roughly 15cm x 20cm, onto baking parchment (you can draw a circle or square if you prefer).
2. Gently melt the chocolate in a microwave, or in a bowl over warm water, taking care to not overheat. Once done, remove from the heat.
3. Place a tablespoon of the chocolate into a small cup and reserve for later.
4. Add enough food colouring to the remaining chocolate to obtain the desired shade of pink. Pour onto the parchment, spreading out the chocolate inside the lines, to form a rectangle.
5. Use a teaspoon to drizzle the remaining white chocolate all over the pink chocolate rectangle in random squiggles. Sprinkle on your chosen freeze-dried fruit and then add the mini meringues.
6. Leave to set in the refrigerator and then spray with the edible glitter. If you are planning to give as a gift, put in a tin or wrap gently in paper, tie with ribbon and add a special message.