Chicken Liver Pâté Recipe
Chicken Liver Pâté - September Recipe of the Month
Time: c 40 minutes (excluding time for chilling)
The perfect starter for a dinner party or an indulgent lunch, this easy Chicken Liver Pâté recipe can be made in next to no time at all. Serve with a side salad and some toasted sourdough slices for a deliciously tasty treat.
- 350g chicken livers, cleaned and halved
- 175g butter, softened
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp chopped thyme leaves
- 75ml medium sherry
- 75ml double cream
- Good pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A few small sprigs of thyme
- Heat a heaped teaspoon of the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute or so to soften without burning.
- Turn up the heat and add the prepared livers, stirring to brown them for 2 -3 minutes. They need to be brown on the outside but still pink in the middle.
- Once done, transfer the livers into a food processor.
- Pour the sherry into the pan and boil to reduce by half.
- Once reduced, add this to the livers along with the cream and seasoning and blend together until smooth.
- Add 100g of the butter and blend again. Taste and add more seasoning if required.
- Place in a suitable serving dish or individual ramekin pots and smooth over.
- Melt the remaining 75g of butter and pour onto the pâté. Add a sprig of thyme and chill for a few hours before serving.
For a really smooth pâté, pass the mixture through a sieve using a spatula before placing in your chosen serving dishes.