Brioche, Amaretto & Marzipan Pudding Recipe
Brioche, Amaretto & Marzipan Pudding - December Recipe of the Month
Time: c.1 hr
If you are looking for an alternative festive dessert, our brioche, amaretto & marzipan pudding is a deliciously indulgent and warming as wrapping up on the sofa in a soft blanket. If you prefer an alcohol-free version, it can work just as well without the amaretto.
- 200g ‘all butter’ brioche (1/2 loaf)
- 3 or 4 tablespoons amaretto
- 100g white marzipan
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 500ml double cream
- 1 dessertspoon Demerara sugar
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
Preheat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan
- Lightly butter a 1litre baking dish.
- Roughly tear the marzipan into 2cm pieces.
- Thinly slice the brioche and cut each slice into two triangles. Create a layer of brioche by overlapping the
- slices on the base of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle on half of the amaretto, over the brioche layer and dot over half the marzipan.
- Repeat neatly with a second layer of brioche, the remaining amaretto and marzipan.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar with the eggs and whisk in the cream.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve into a jug, then pour half of the mixture over the brioche.
- Allow to soak and add the remaining mixture until it has all gone. Put to one side for 10 minutes to allow the liquid to soak into the brioche.
- Once the liquid has soaked in, sprinkle the almonds and Demerara sugar all over the pudding.
- Cook for 20 – 25 minutes. Do not overcook - the pudding should be loosely set and creamy.
- To serve, dust with some icing sugar, serve with pouring cream, sit back and enjoy!
- Sieve the cream mixture before use to ensure a beautifully creamy texture
- If you prefer, try brandy in place of amaretto. Or, if you would rather an alcohol-free version, it is just as delicious without!