HILLIER WHOLESALE NURSERIES, a division of Hillier Nurseries Ltd
Hillier Nurseries Ltd have been growing and selling quality plants since 1864 and we continue to strive to supply plants, gardening accessories and services of the highest calibre to all our customers. Our mission is to inspire the creation of green living spaces for now and the future.
We believe it is important for you to know what information we collect and how we treat the information you share with us.
2. Where and how we collect your information
Information you give usWe will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate business interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we have your express consent.
- technical information, including your operating system, the browser you use, time zone setting, browser plug in types and versions, your log in information and the internet protocol address used to connect your computer to the internet (Device Information);
- details of your use of our website including traffic data, the resources you use, where you have clicked through to our website from that of a third party, the domain name of the connecting website, page response times, download errors, length of your visit, page interaction information and browsing behaviour (Log Information);
CookiesTo enhance your experience on our website and social media platforms we use ‘cookies’. This means that the Hillier website will remember you for a particular length of time. When you access our website, your device may provide us with data about the device you’re using, including the type of device, operating system, and it may report details of a website or app crash. Device manufacturers or operating system providers will be able to provide you with more details about the data your device makes available to us. The list of cookies used by Hillier Garden Centres on digital platforms are listed below.
3. What data do we collect and how is it used?The type of personal data we collect depends on the purpose of collecting the information.
3.1 Wholesale Nurseries Trade AccountsIf you open a trade account with Hillier Wholesale Nurseries, we will collect the following personal data: name, email address, business name, business address, postcode, company registration number, date of incorporation, website address, telephone number, and signature. We will use this data for the following reasons:
- To manage your account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us.
- Process your request to associate your details with your account number
- Keep a record of your marketing and communication preferences with us
3.2 DeliveriesIf you arrange a delivery of products from Hillier Wholesale Nurseries, we will collect the following personal data: business name, address, postcode, email address, delivery address, and delivery postcode. We will use this data for the following reasons:
- To arrange delivery of purchased goods
- To pass delivery details to the specified supplier to arrange delivery
- The supplier will share delivery details with their specified couriers to ensure delivery
3.3 Event ParticipantsIf you attend an event with Hillier Wholesale Nurseries, we may collect the following data: name, email address, business name, address, postcode, telephone number, and dietary requirements (if applicable). We will use this data for the following reasons:
- To confirm your booking, either by email or by telephone
- To update you with any information about the event that you are attending
- To ask for your feedback, post event
3.4 Enquiries and ComplaintsWhen you send us an enquiry or complaint we may share this information and details with relevant parties to be able to resolve your enquiry. We will only keep this information for 1 year after resolution. It is in our legitimate business interests to collect this information.
3.5 Data collection for other reasonsSometimes there is a need to collect data for other specific reasons, these include, but are not limited to: photography, accident forms, and CCTV imagery for the purposes of crime prevention and public safety / videos and telephone call logging to ensure that we continually improve our service s and allow us to deal with complaints. It is in our legitimate business interests to collect this information. If you would like more information about these specific reasons, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Details of how long we keep the personal information that is collected and processed by Hillier Wholesale Nurseries can be found in our retention policy. If you would like a copy of our retention policy please email email@example.com
Images and photographyWhen you are visiting our Wholesale Nurseries or attending an event your photograph may be taken if you give us your
consent. If you consent to having your photo taken and used for marketing or PR purposes we will hold your name, image and age (if applicable) on file for future re-use. We will ask you to fill out a consent and release form to allow us to use your image for such purposes.
3.6 Direct marketing
Email/telephone marketingIf you have provided us with your email address and/or telephone number we may contact you by email or telephone if we have a legitimate reason to contact you. For example, to manage your account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us. By opening a Hillier Wholesale Nurseries trade account or opting in to email communications, you are consenting to email/telephone marketing this means you have granted us permission to use your telephone number or email address to contact you via email marketing communications or direct telephone calls. You may choose to opt out of such communications at any time – more information about opting out is in section 3.8
Postal marketingIf you have provided us with your business postal address we may contact you by post if we have a legitimate reason to contact you. For example, to manage your account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us. By opening a Hillier Wholesale Nurseries trade account you are consenting to postal marketing, this means you have granted us permission to use your address to send you marketing communications.
3.7 Third partiesHillier Wholesale Nurseries will not sell your data and we will not share your data for third party marketing purposes. In some circumstances we may need to share your details with a third party for processing. This could be to process your personal details if we need to send your data to a mailing house in order to fulfil a postal mailing to you, this could include sending you a letter about your account. Or it could be to send you emails via a marketing communications platform such as Mailchimp. We also store data on the systems we use for sales and purchase information. We have a legitimate business interest to undertake these activities If we would like to use any information that you have provided to us for marketing purposes, we will always ask for your consent to do so. For example, if we display testimonials of satisfied customers on our website or advertising materials. With your consent, we may post your first name alongside the quote.
3.8 Your choice:You always have a choice as to whether you want to receive communications about our products and services, and how you receive them. You can opt out of this when we collect your details or at a later time. If you want to change your preferences, or opt out of communications, you can do so by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. You can also opt out of the email marketing by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email from us. If you choose not to be contacted by us we will never send you marketing communications. We will only keep any necessary details on a ‘suppression list’ to ensure you aren’t contacted.
3.9 RetentionWe hold your personal data and information for only as long as necessary for the purpose needed. Details for how long we keep the personal information that is collected and processed by Hillier Wholesale Nurseries can be found in our retention policy. If you would like a copy of our retention policy please email email@example.com
3.10 Under 16sOn any rare occasion that we may have to collect and manage data of under 16’s, for example school visits where photos are taken, or work experience. We will always require a consent form to be completed. We will always manage this data in a way which is appropriate to the age of the child and will only keep this data for the purpose in which it was collected. We will always seek
consentfrom parents or guardians of the child.
4. How do we keep your personal data secure?To protect the personal data you provide us with we always ensure that we have the necessary controls in place, implementing suitable physical or electronic security alongside organisational training. Regular audits are carried out to identify who has access to data so that we can ensure that your information is only accessed by trained staff who have a legitimate reason to access it.
Information storage and securityThe data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. When we use external companies to process your personal data on behalf of Hillier Wholesale Nurseries thorough checks are carried out on any companies we work with. Contracts are in place with each of these companies to ensure that they process your information in line with our expectations and the General Data Protection Regulation. Transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our channels; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We may disclose your Personal Information to any member of our group, which means our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (if applicable), as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We will only share your Personal Information outside of our group with (a) your consent; (b) as required by law; (c) in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets; (d) if all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party; or (e) to protect customers or the public, with companies that help Hillier fulfil its obligations with you, and then only with partners who share Hillier’s commitment to protecting your online privacy. Sometimes we use external companies to process your personal data on behalf of Hillier Wholesale Nurseries. We carry out thorough checks on any companies we work with and have a contract in place with each of these companies to ensure that they process your information in line with our expectations and the General Data Protection Regulation.
4.1 Your credit and debit card informationWhen making direct card payments through our finance department, every effort is made to maintain customer confidentiality. This means ensuring the security of your credit card details and other personal information. We also ensure our systems and processes comply with PCI DSS, the worldwide Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. The PCI DSS was set up to help businesses process card payments securely and reduce card fraud. This is achieved through tight controls of storage, transmission and processing of data, it is intended to safeguard sensitive cardholder data.
5. Your right to your personal informationWe recognise that the personal information we hold about you belongs to you and it is right that you have control over that personal information. We have detailed below a summary of your legal rights. You can:
- ask us to have access to, and for a copy of, the personal information we hold about you;
- request that we amend or delete your personal information;
- ask us to stop processing your personal information altogether or in a certain way;
- change your mind about how you have agreed we can use your personal information. If you have given us
consentto use your personal information in a specific way you can withdraw it. This means that we will stop processing your personal information in the way you have objected to from the date that your permission is withdrawn;
- issue a complaint to the appropriate authority – see ico.org.uk for more information;
- request that we transfer your personal information to another provider (this is known as data portability);
- object to any automatic processing we conduct.
Hillier Nurseries Ltd are on the ICO Data Protection Register Registration Number: ZA162542