COVID-19 Update | Hillier Garden Centres and Restaurants Now Open
All Hillier Garden Centres and Restaurants are now open.
Safety for staff and customers remains our top priority and so you will continue to find social distancing measures in place when you visit. During busy times, we will also need to limit numbers of customers entering the centre, so please be prepared that this may result in a queue. We would ask that you continue to queue 2m apart as you have been doing since we re-opened our doors and maintain this distance throughout the centre when shopping. Find an overview of all our safety measures below.
Thank you to all of our valued customers for your continued support this year and for following our new measures when visiting. We will continue to keep you updated but above all, please stay safe and look after yourselves.
What to expect when you visit
Our priority is to ensure the safety of customers and staff alike. You will notice a number of measures in place when you visit, including:
- We are still limiting the number of customers in the centre at any time. Please be aware at busy times that you may need to queue. Please queue 2m apart, and continue to follow our 2m social distancing markers throughout the centre. We also ask that you carefully browse the Garden Centre following the one-way system. Please respect staff and fellow customers and maintain a safe distance when shopping.
- You must now wear a face mask whenever you are visiting our centres - this includes both the inside shop and outside plant area - unless you are exempt.
- Sanitiser stations will be located at the entrance to centres for customer use.
- We can take cash payments as well as card payments. Hillier and HTA Gift Cards/Vouchers are accepted and HTA vouchers are available to buy again at our tills, but we would prefer contactless payment wherever possible.
- Under government guidelines, we, unfortunately, will not be able to offer assistance to customers in our usual way so please be aware that we may not be able to load your car with heavy items during this period of social distancing.
- Dogs are allowed in our Garden Centres, except at Hillier Garden Centre Eastbourne due to the entry route via the Farm Shop. Dogs are not currently allowed inside our restaurants (except for assistance dogs), but they are allowed in the outdoor seating areas.
- We continue to operate normal opening hours; 09.00am-5.30pm Monday – Saturday, and 10.30am – 4.30pm on Sundays.
We are pleased to announce that all Hillier Restaurants are now open.
Here is a summary of the changes we’ve made to ensure the safety of our team and customers, along with other helpful things to know.
- Our opening hours are as normal, 09.00am-4.30pm Monday – Saturday, and 10.30am – 4.00pm on Sundays
- No advance booking required; dining at our restaurants remains by walk-in
- In line with the latest Government guidance and tier rules, meeting (including dining) indoors must be with members of your own household or support bubble and should only be up to 6 people
- Hand sanitiser will be provided at the restaurant entrance for your use
- There is a one-way system in place in all our Restaurants for you to follow. Please also continue to comply with social distancing measures. We are unable to accept dogs in the inside areas of our restaurants during this time (except assistance dogs), they are however allowed in the outside areas
- At least one member of the group must check-in for Test & Trace purposes. You can check yourself in using the NHS COVID-19 app on your phone and scanning the QR code provided. If you do not have the app on your phone, we will take your details at the till point securely
- We can accept cash payment as well as card but would prefer contact-less card payment where possible
- All tables are well spaced out for your safety and comfort. Please do not sit at a dirty table or move dirty crockery to another, allow us to fully sanitize before use
- All food and drinks will be delivered to a collection table near to you
In line with government guidance, you must now wear a face covering whenever you are inside our centres unless you are exempt.
It is not expected for people to wear face coverings while dining in restaurants, however, please continue to wear your covering while queuing to order food in our restaurants and remove once seated.
Other Shops at Hillier Garden Centres
Each of our garden centres has a number of other concession shops. As of 2nd December, these are now able to open again. Visit the website page of your local Hillier Garden Centre to find out what other shops and businesses are also on site.
Cut & Pot Grown Christmas Trees
Our cut Christmas trees and pot grown Christmas trees are available now in all our Garden Centres. We are showcasing these with more space than usual, to make sure you can browse easily and maintain social distancing. If you are unable to visit in centre to select yours, we are also offering a Christmas tree order and collect service this year.
Christmas Opening Hours
We will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and Sunday 27th December. We will re-open on Monday 28th December and operate Sunday hours until after the New Year.
Stay safe and may your gardens - and homes - continue to be a source of normality and happiness.