COVID-19 Update | Hillier Garden Centres
Our Garden Centres are open, operating normal opening hours. Our restaurants at Hillier Garden Centre Botley and Cheddar are open with a limited menu selection for outdoor dining and takeaway only. Opening hours are 09.00am - 4.30pm Monday to Saturday and 10.00am - 4.00pm on Sunday. All other restaurants remain closed at this time.
Safety for staff and customers remains our top priority and so you will continue to find social distancing measures in place when you visit. During busy times, we will also need to limit numbers of customers entering the centre, so please be prepared that this may result in a queue. We would ask that you continue to queue 2m apart as you have been doing since we re-opened our doors and maintain this distance throughout the centre when shopping. Find an overview of all our safety measures below.
Thank you to all of our valued customers for your continued support this year and for following our new measures when visiting. We will continue to keep you updated but above all, please stay safe and look after yourselves.
What to expect when you visit
Our priority is to ensure the safety of customers and staff alike. You will notice a number of measures in place when you visit, including:
- We are still limiting the number of customers in the centre at any time. Please be aware at busy times that you may need to queue. Please queue 2m apart, and continue to follow our 2m social distancing markers throughout the centre. We also ask that you carefully browse the Garden Centre following the one-way system. Please respect staff and fellow customers and maintain a safe distance when shopping.
- You must now wear a face mask whenever you are visiting our centres - this includes both the inside shop and outside plant area - unless you are exempt.
- Sanitiser stations will be located at the entrance to centres for customer use.
- We can take cash payments as well as card payments. Hillier and HTA Gift Cards/Vouchers are accepted and HTA vouchers are available to buy again at our tills, but we would prefer contactless payment wherever possible.
- Under government guidelines, we, unfortunately, will not be able to offer assistance to customers in our usual way so please be aware that we may not be able to load your car with heavy items during this period of social distancing.
- Dogs are allowed in our Garden Centres, but are not permitted inside our restaurants (except for assistance dogs). They are allowed in the outdoor seating areas.
Our restaurants at Hillier Garden Centre Botley and Cheddar are open with a limited menu selection for outdoor dining and takeaway only. Opening hours are 09.00am - 4.30pm Monday to Saturday and 10.00am - 4.00pm on Sunday. All other restaurants remain closed at this time. We will update here and via email as and when we re-open.
When visiting our restaurants at Botley or Cheddar, please observe the measures we have put in place for your health and safety and that of our staff alike:
In line with government guidance, you must now wear a face covering whenever you are inside our centres unless you are exempt.
It is not expected for people to wear face coverings while dining in restaurants, however, please continue to wear your covering while queuing to order food in our restaurants and remove once seated.
Stay safe and may your gardens - and homes - continue to be a source of normality and happiness.