COVID-19 Update | Hillier Garden Centres are Open
Ever since the first news about the outbreak of COVID-19, we have been closely monitoring and following government advice across our business to best protect the health and safety of our customers and staff. As many of you will be aware, the government has now announced the next steps in this period of lockdown, and this means that Garden Centres are able to open with social distancing measures in place. At this unprecedented time, we would like to thank Hillier staff for their hard work and commitment in extraordinary circumstances and our customers for their patience, concern and kindness.
What to expect when you visit
Whilst we are pleased that we can open our doors again, our priority is to ensure the safety of customers and staff alike, and therefore you will notice some changes on your next visit including:
- Our opening hours will be 10.00am-4.30pm Monday – Saturday, and 10.30am – 4.30pm on Sundays to allow us to restock and water outside of shopping hours. Our coffee shops, restaurants and toilets will remain closed during this time.
- We will have a limited number of customers in the centre at any time, with queuing 2m apart to enter, and 2m social distancing markers will be seen throughout the centre. We also ask that you carefully browse the Garden Centre following the one-way system. Please respect staff and fellow customers and maintain a safe distance when shopping.
- Sanitiser stations will be located at the entrance to centres for customer use.
- We will only be able to accept card payments. No cash or HTA gift vouchers please.
- Under government guidelines, we unfortunately will not be able to offer assistance to customers in our usual way so please be aware that we may not be able to load your car with heavy items during this period of social distancing.
- We know many customers are eager to visit as soon as we are open, to try and reduce waiting times and offer a pleasant experience for everyone, we will not be allowing groups of more than two customers to enter together, and no dogs except for service dogs will be permitted to enter.
We appreciate that under normal circumstances our Garden Centres are a leisurely place to shop and browse, and we are proud to be a place that brings our community together. In this initial stage of opening, we are asking you to please work with us to make this a safe and enjoyable experience for all. Please do think about your fellow customers and the length of the queue, and help us to give everyone an opportunity to shop. We expect every customer to abide by social distancing guidelines and take whatever additional precautions you feel are necessary, such as face coverings.
Home Deliveries - Order Online
Our Hillier Online Shop will also continue to be available for ordering top-quality plants, garden furniture and other Garden Centre products online for delivery to your home. Visit our Hillier Online Shop at www.hillieronline.co.uk. This is something out of the ordinary for us and has come together in a very short timeframe, so please be patient with us if you encounter any bumps along the way or anything short of the usual high Hillier standard!
We know many of you have reward vouchers than you are keen to use, we will continue to accept any of those vouchers that you have that expired on 31st March 2020.
Stay safe and may your gardens continue to be a source of normality and happiness.