COVID-19 Update | Hillier Garden Centres are Open
Ever since the first news about the outbreak of COVID-19, we have been closely monitoring and following government advice across our business to best protect the health and safety of our customers and staff. Our Garden Centres are open with social distancing measures in place. At this unprecedented time, we would like to thank Hillier staff for their hard work and commitment in extraordinary circumstances and our customers for their patience, concern and kindness.
What to expect when you visit
Our priority is to ensure the safety of customers and staff alike, and therefore you will notice some changes on your next visit including:
- As of Monday 14th September, we have returned to normal opening hours; 09.00am-5.30pm Monday – Saturday, and 10.30am – 4.30pm on Sundays.
- Our restaurants and coffee shops are now all open again.
- We are still limiting the number of customers in the centre at any time, with queuing 2m apart to enter, and 2m social distancing markers will be seen throughout the centre. We also ask that you carefully browse the Garden Centre following the one-way system. Please respect staff and fellow customers and maintain a safe distance when shopping.
- Sanitiser stations will be located at the entrance to centres for customer use.
- We can now take cash payments as well as card payments. Hillier and HTA Gift Cards/Vouchers are accepted and HTA vouchers are available to buy again at our tills, but we would prefer contactless payment wherever possible.
- Under government guidelines, we unfortunately will not be able to offer assistance to customers in our usual way so please be aware that we may not be able to load your car with heavy items during this period of social distancing.
- Dogs are allowed in our Garden Centres, except at Hillier Garden Centre Eastbourne due to the entry route via the Farm Shop. Dogs are not currently allowed inside our restaurants (except for assistance dogs), but they are allowed in the outdoor seating areas.
Opening our Restaurants
We are pleased to announce that all Hillier Restaurants are now open. We deliberately took a gradual approach to re-opening, starting with our restaurants at Hillier Garden Centre Botley and Hillier Garden Centre Newbury to begin with and taking time to learn from the new social distancing measures in place.
Here is a summary of the changes we’ve made to ensure the safety of our team and customers, along with other helpful things to know.
- Our opening hours will be 09.00am-4.30pm Monday – Saturday, and 10.30am – 4.00pm on Sundays
- No advance booking required; dining at our restaurants remains by walk-in
- Currently, a maximum of six customers can dine together
- Hand sanitiser will be provided at the restaurant entrance for your use
- There is a one-way system in place in all our Restaurants for you to follow. Please also continue to comply with social distancing measures. We are unable to accept dogs in the inside areas of our restaurants during this time (except assistance dogs), they are however allowed in the outside areas
- At least one member of the group must check-in for Test & Trace purposes. You can check yourself in using the NHS COVID-19 app on your phone and scanning the QR code provided. If you do not have the app on your phone, we will take your details at the till point securely.
- We can accept cash payment as well as card but would prefer contact-less card payment where possible
- All tables are well spaced out for your safety and comfort. Please do not sit at a dirty table or move dirty crockery to another, allow us to fully sanitize before use.
- All food and drinks will be delivered to a collection table near to you
In line with government guidance, you must now wear a face covering whenever you are inside our centres unless you are exempt.
It is not expected for people to wear face coverings while dining in restaurants, however please continue to wear your covering while queuing to order food in our restaurants and remove once seated.
We know many of you have reward vouchers than you are keen to use, we will continue to accept any of those vouchers that you have that expired on 31st March 2020.
Stay safe and may your gardens continue to be a source of normality and happiness.