Announcing our New Hillier Autumn Photo Competition!
We know how much love and care you put into your gardens. Our new photo competition is giving you a chance to share your efforts, show us what you’ve been growing! You will have the chance to win a delicious prize – afternoon tea for two at a Hillier Restaurant.
We have three different themes for this competition, giving you an even greater chance of winning. These are:
Theme 1: ‘My Kitchen Garden’
Whether it’s a photo of produce growing on your allotment, herbs on your window shelf or something you’ve created with your own ingredients, we are looking forward to seeing your ‘grow your own’ efforts brought to life.
Theme 2: ‘Colourful Borders’
From cottage garden perennials in the summer to autumn shrub foliage, we want to see what’s creating a riot of colour in your beds and borders.
Theme 3: ‘Creative Containers’
Perhaps your pots are filled with unusual plant combinations, or maybe you use some really unique containers to show off your plants – however you get creative with your containers, show us!
There will be one winner per theme. Each winner will receive a voucher for afternoon tea for two at any participating Hillier Restaurant* – as well as the glory of being featured as a winner on the Hillier website and our Facebook page!
To enter, simply submit your photos via our entry form on Facebook. The closing date is Saturday 30th September @ 23:59. A panel from Hillier will select the top 10 for each category and the ultimate winners will be voted for here on our Facebook page.
* Afternoon tea for two is not available at Hillier Garden Centre Winchester or Braishfield (Sir Harold Hillier Gardens Cafe)
Terms & Conditions
The promoter of this competition is: Hillier (Company No. 012604468) whose registered office is Ampfield House, Ampfield, Romsey, Hampshire
- This competition is open to UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) and ROI residents
- No age restrictions apply
- Employees of Hillier Nurseries and their immediate family members, its agents, suppliers or anyone professionally connected to the promotion are not eligible to enter
- No purchase necessary.
- Competition opens on Wednesday 16th August 2017 at 9am and ends on Saturday 30th September 2017 at 23:59. Any photos received after this time will not be entered into the competition
- The top ten photos for each theme will be chosen by a panel from Hillier. Each top ten will be posted on the Hillier Facebook page. The ultimate winner will be determined by which photo is most ‘liked’ on Facebook within each theme.
- Timings for Facebook voting are: 2-8 October (Kitchen Garden); 9-15 October (Colourful Borders); 16-22 October (Creative Containers)
- All winners will be notified by Wednesday 1st November 2017
How to Enter
- To enter, submit at least 1 photo via the Facebook entry form before the competition closing date
- Multiple photos may be submitted, but no more than 3x entries per theme
- Photos must be high quality, i.e. 1MB or larger, to qualify.
Selecting a Winner
- The top ten photos for each theme will be chosen by a panel from Hillier. These will be chosen from all eligible photos submitted based on the photos considered to be most appropriate, engaging, interesting and high quality
- Each top ten will be posted on the Hillier Facebook page. The ultimate winner will be determined by which photo is most ‘liked’ on Facebook within each theme.
- The photos must be taken by yourself
- By submitting your entry into the competition, you confirm that you have permission from anyone else associated with the photo
- Entries must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that no element of their posting infringes the copyright of any third party or any laws
- Hillier reserves the right to check validity and reject entries with reasonable cause
- The company’s decisions regarding all promotional matters is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into the selection of winners
- The winner’s name will be publicised on the competition page of hillier.co.uk within 1 month of the closing date.
- There will be one winner per theme, three winners total. Each winner will receive a voucher for afternoon tea for two at a participating Hillier Restaurant (unfortunately not available at Hillier Garden Centre Winchester or Braishfield). The winning photo will also be displayed on Hillier Garden Centres marketing channels, including the website hillier.co.uk and company Facebook page
- The prize is not transferable and no cash alternative will be offered in whole or in part
- The prize must be claimed by 30th November 2017
- By submitting your photo to Hillier, you are happy for the photo to be used in this competition, including publication to the Hillier social media channels, or for any other use by Hillier on the company website, or on any other material we may produce in the future. This does not affect your copyright ownership in any way.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Hillier. Hillier reserves the right to change or withdraw the competition and/or prize at any time and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to Hillier as a result thereof.
When you enter our competition, you can be assured that we will never share or sell your information with anyone else. Any information you have provided us will be used by Hillier to contact you regarding this competition only.